Tuesday, December 14, 2010

When Insomnia Strikes...

.... out come the memories and music of the past.

For those of you that know me, you will know that my relationship with KatieJane Garside has been a rocky one. Her music helped me through some of the worst times in my life but also highlighted some of my best. I have never shared her music on any of my blogs because I have been worried about people listening to the lyrics and thinking I was mental but the time has come...

I have always said that if I ever participated in a programme like 'Come Dine With Me' she would be my ideal guest. She is crazy, interesting and very talented. However, when I had the opportunity of interviewing her,  I couldn't bring myself to say yes. I felt as though she might know too much about me given that her music became the soundtrack to some of my life- obviously she wouldn't have done, but I am quite illogical- I now greatly regret the decision not to interview her.

This song has much meaning for me. The lyrics, beautiful and simple and in the right mindset, the message, relate-able. The footage and music feature on the 'Live at the ICA' album - one of the greatest live albums I have heard... but that's just me.


However the point of this post was not to bore you with my old school music tastes but to introduce you to what is helping me through the first bout of insomnia I have experienced in about a year and a bit. Whilst searching for melancholic old times music... I came across this collaboration and instantly fell in love.... 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment