Friday, July 9, 2010

D - I - S - C - O - !!!

MEET HORSE MEAT DISCO.

When you look at this picture what type of music do you expect these men to be creating?


Well I don't know if I am being stereotypical but on first impressions alone I would think they are in some sort of rock'n'roll or metal band. Maybe the beards give me that impression? But one thing I would never think - not in a month of Sunday's- is that these four men produce disco music! But they do! 

So they have been on a mission to bring the genre of disco back on the radar since mid 2009 and they just released their new mix-tape so I thought it was worth giving you a heads up! Especially since they are starting a massive European tour! If you want to catch them in the UK - they will be playing at T in the Park in July they also have a few dates in London! I don't know if it's just me but disco music just has a way of making you move your feet and when the weather is as good as it has been today this is the kind of music you need on your ipod when you take a walk outside! (Wow I sound like a cheesy American DJ! but this is truely how I feel!)

Horse Meat Disco use classic disco structure with simple and catchy lyrics so that by the end of each song you can mime the words whilst dancing like your dad did in his hayday. Here is there mixtape so you can get your groove on too!


ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment